Thursday, September 29, 2016

New Home

My husband has been searching for a new place where he can be a pulpit minister.  Yesterday our search finally ended.  Now the serious packing must begin.  The home school must continue though for now it is a reduced day.  I could not sleep in the early morning yesterday so I worked again on just what curriculum to use and reworked our schedule.  I have found some wonderful blogs to help with getting our home school process going.  I am daily thankful to have my daughter at home and to teach her.  I will admit that at this time I am very thankful to not have the stress of getting her to school each day, dealing with homework at the end of the day, and sack lunches.  We are moving to a small town that is close to a larger city so field trips and exploring will abound.  I have decided on a 4 day teaching schedule and the 5th day will be used for field trips and hands-on learning.  More information on the curriculum we have chosen and the blogs I found most helpful will come later.

I hope to develop this blog and grow with it to find a way to earn some money through blogging.  I plan to change the name so if anyone has an idea I will welcome it.  I also pray that I will learn some skills through working on this blog that I can pass on to my daughter.  In many ways, we will be learning together.  That is one of the beauties of home school.

Blessings for your day as you enjoy the quietness or not-so-quietness of life today.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment